The Readathon is kicking off, and you're ready to create your Reading Roadmap filled with award winning books featured in the Blue Ribbon Awards Collection. Have you spent a few minutes on your Lexile assessment? Great, then let's get started. (There's a slide show at the bottom of this page for a step by step visual of creating the Roadmap.)
- Under the Titles tab, find your Lexile Range. Remember, you can choose books from the range above and below your score. Still not sure? Ask a teacher for help! If you're attempting the Books on Tour Challenge, click on that and choose a state.
- When you find books you want to read, simply click Add to Reading Roadmap. You'll need to create an account (free, no obligation or purchase necessary) to build your Roadmap. Make sure to click "Make My Roadmap Public"!
- Once you have your Roadmap complete, make sure to add the Donation Dog.
- From the Reading Roadmap screen, highlight and copy the web address in the box under SHARE THIS READING ROADMAP WITH FRIENDS. Now you can paste that into an email (with your parent's permission) to your family and anyone else your parents think might like to help your Readathon. Important: Make sure to also include the link to your school's donation portal, provided by your school's Readathon organizer. The Donation Dog should be included in your Reading Roadmap in case potential sponsors miss the donation portal link. Sponsors may use either one to make a donation, but the portal link is much easier for them to complete.
- Make sure to keep everyone on your list updated as you read Reading Roadmap books and add new ones.
- If the book you want to read isn't in your school library, check out our Blue Ribbon Book Store. Shipping is always free!